Saturday, April 18, 2009

Baby "B" and Big Brother "L"

A friend of mine asked me to take some pictures of her kids ages almost 2 and almost 4 months yesterday. I searched and searched for pose ideas for photographing this age combo......you know what.....I found next to nothing!!! You know why???????? One should not try to photograph this age combo together! What a challenge! The little guy wanted nothing to do with me and baby sister wanted nothing to do with little guy. Baby "B" did great for the first part, but her smiles didn't last too long. Big Brother "L" didn't have many smiles for me at all! The kids are adorable and I got some great shots of them individually, but very little together! The lighting conditions were less than ideal for a beginner like me, but thank heaven for external flashes. If you are reading this and do not own one for your DSLR, I strongly and seriously recommend you purchase one! The bounce light effect is fantastic! I purchased mine from Amazon, but you can get them at B and H photo, buy.com, ebay, pretty much anywhere that sells camera accessories. I think mine cost around $5o.oo. It was one of the cheaper ones, but it does the job just fine for my purposes. SO, I repeat, SOOOO worth the money! These were all shot in manual mode and processed in Photoshop Elements 6. I took these photos in RAW and JPEG fine on my camera. I LOVE the RAW editor!!!!! It really makes up for my lack of technical expertise where exposure and white balance are concerned. So, without further rambling, here are several of the photos I took yesterday.
















































































































6 comments:

  1. They are so adorable. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The pictures are amazing.. you're so talented Sarah! Love them! Come take a trip down here and take me and peanut please. :).. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog!! The pictures are too cute, LOVE the little pout on the baby in the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! The 2nd, 3rd & 4th & 5th are my FAVORITES of the little boy. So stinking cute! And the bottom 2 are my FAVORITES of the little girl. Kudos to you for being brave and taking on this shoot! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well with a tricky age combo you did beautifully!! I love the first one of the two of them together! And those pics of the little girl are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

giraffe couture